Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Baron of Balls or How Living Hard Makes Writing Easy


There's nothing like writing what you know. And I, for one, have to know first-hand the man who holds the esteemed title of "Baron of Balls." I have no doubt that this year's Testicle Festival will find its way into the pages of one of my books. Held every year in Clinton, Montana at the Rock Creek Lodge, the "testy festy," as it's locally known, is a five-day extravaganza devoted to consuming mass quantities of Rocky Mountain Oysters. That's bull testicles, folks.

Yet, the most muse inspiring portion of this ballsy event is not bovine in nature. Reportedly, the old "Testy Festy" has earned a rep for getting a tad out of hand. Local mountain men and women use the festival as an excuse to get rip-roaring drunk, shed clothing and engage in naughty testicular competitions.

Woo-hoo, sounds like my kind of party! Care to join me in a little up close and personal inspiration gathering? Rumor has it that field research is tax deductible.

Rewrite Progress--4900 words. Thinking of auctioning my family off on e-bay. :)

No comments: