Monday, October 09, 2006

Its Cold Today!

First a qualifier. My version of cold is under 68 degrees. What can I say? I was a desert rat and a beach rat for so many years that my thermostat is permanently skewed. I shiver when the thermometer falls below seventy. My teeth start chattering as soon as my feet hit the tile floors in the morning.

So, for us, here in Central Florida...it feels like fall! We broke out the long sleeves this morning, bundled the kids up and , and sent them out into the frigid pre-dawn to catch buses. As soon as we got home , we did what all good Floridian's do in autumn. We turned on the pool heater.

Which means the Jacuzzi will be warm in about fifteen minutes. The espresso is brewing and cafe double mochas are on their way.

Somedays I hate this state with everything I have in me (especially how they treat persons with disabilities), but other days....like this one...when I can spend a morning in the jacuzzi, watching the cranes and egrets soaring over the lush live oak reserve our yard backs up to....well, I have to wonder why I ever whined at all.

So today, I'm meeting my muse in the Jacuzzi. I have grounds for an hour to myself anyway. I hit the 75% mark in the rewrite this weekend, and synopsized my new WIP, It's (so not) A Barbie World. YA for a change. I can't wait to dive in. All puns intended, of course.

No comments: